NICKELODEON HOLDS “PETS’ DAY OUT” FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE PHILIPPINES
TWO-DAY FREE EVENT AT CENTRAL PLAZA, EASTWOOD CITY TO ENCOURAGE KIDS TO SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH THEIR FURRY FRIENDS
PHILIPPINES, 10 JUNE 2019 - Mark your calendars on 15 and 16 June, and get ready for Nickelodeon’s first “Pets’ Day Out” in the Philippines. This free two-day event is dedicated to kids and their pets, with activities that will help kids bond with their pet through games and play! To be held at Central Plaza, Eastwood City from 10am – 6pm, kids and their families can look forward to pet-themed activity booths that their pets can also participate in, stage games, and special appearances by celebrity guests. Skye from PAW Patrol will also make an appearance.
According to Viacom’s ‘Story of Us’ study, pets play an important role in a family and act as their happy pill, leading to high pet ownership around the world as families derive emotional support from their pets. In particular, kids feel more connected to their pets, and may even choose to confide in their pet before family members!
“At Nickelodeon, we are all about kids and making the world a more playful place so we have conceptualized this event to celebrate the connection that real kids have with their furkids! “Pets’ Day Out” will let kids further appreciate their paw pals, through quality time with them in fun-filled games and activities that they can both participate in!” said Ms. Syahrizan Mansor, Vice President, Nickelodeon Asia, Viacom International Media Networks.
Activities at Pets’ Day Out
From taking pets on an agility course to test their motor skills, to having professional pictures taken with furry friends, kids and their pets will have a blast at the booths!
· PAW Patrol Agility Course: Bring your pet to the Agility Course to test its motor skills as it navigates through the obstacles.
· Petting Zoo: Get to know other animals and take pictures with them.
· Happy Snappy: Go on a photography adventure with Alvin, Simon and Theodore from ALVINNN!!! And The Chipmunks at this photo booth and pet photography area. In addition, a guest photographer will help kids take pictures and teach them how to take amazing selfies with their pets.
· PAWS Advocacy: Kids or adults considering pet adoption or volunteering can find out more from the good folks from PAWS (Philippine Animal Welfare Society).
· PAW Patrol booth: Visit this booth to consult experts about your pets’ health, grab outfits and treats for your pets at the Pet Store or get your fur baby groomed at the grooming station!
Kid & Pet Fashion Show
If your pet is a looker - sign up with your pet to be in the Kid & Pet Fashion Show and stand to win some cool prizes! Kids should dress up as their favorite Nickelodeon character while pets should be decked out as any Krispy Kreme doughnut flavor. Pre-registration is required and opens from 27 May – 14 June. Register online on the Facebook event page or in-store at Bark Central in Eastwood Mall.
The stage segment will feature talks on how to care for pets and exciting stage games where kids can join to win awesome Nickelodeon merchandise and prizes from sponsors.
· 1pm: Expert groomers will teach kids grooming and health basics for their pets
· 2pm: Find out how to prepare easy and quick no-bake treats for your pets
· 3pm: Learn tips on how to stay fit with your pet pal in a dog yoga session by expert yogis.
Meet and Greet
In addition, keep your eyes peeled at 4.30pm on both days for the appearance of fun-loving cockapoo, Skye, from PAW Patrol, and photo opportunities with the hottest pup in town!
Special Guest Appearance
Celebrity guest Arianne Bautista and her furry friend will be visiting the event so make sure to keep a look out for her!
Registration for Pets
Interested participants must secure a Pet Pass from Eastwood Mall that can be collected from the mall concierge. To get a Pet Pass, participants must:
1. Prepare (1) photocopy of their pet’s updated vaccination record (front page and innermost portion)
2. Bring along (2) 1x1 colored photos of their pet
3. Fill out a Pet Pass Application Form
Upon registration onsite, guests will receive an event passport that allows them to take part in all booth activities for free!
Nickelodeon, now in its 40th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, digital, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon is one of the most globally recognized and widely distributed multimedia entertainment brands for kids and family, with 1.2 billion cumulative subscriptions in more than 500 million households across 170+ countries and territories, via more than 100+ locally programmed channels and branded blocks. Outside of the United States, Nickelodeon is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information about Nickelodeon in Asia, visit www.nick-asia.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc.
Communications, Southeast Asia
Viacom International Media Networks
t: +65 6420 7154
Download PDFDownload PDF
About ViacomCBS Networks Asia
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.4 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages. Keep up with VIMN news by visiting the VIMN PR Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/VIMN_PR. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com, blog.viacom.com and the Viacom Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom.