FASCINATING BEHIND-THE-SCENES FACTS ABOUT HYPERPLAY
You’ve heard of what will be taking place ON stage at Hyperplay, but do you know what goes on behind the scenes?
SINGAPORE, 3 AUGUST 2018 – Behind Hyperplay, ASEAN’s first ever eSports and music festival happening at the Singapore Indoor Stadium this weekend, comes the heavy-lifting work most fans do not see in its lead-up. To give everyone a better idea of what it takes to put together a festival of this stature, the Hyperplay team of insiders goes behind-the-scenes to reveal some of the fascinating backstage facts – revealing nuggets about what it takes to create and produce this hyper-entertaining regional event in Singapore.
FROM THE VENUE OF SINGAPORE INDOOR STADIUM…
· This is the first time an eSports and music festival will be happening at the iconic Singapore Indoor Stadium. Be it the heat or the rain, nothing will jeopardise the epic experience that you’ll have in the cosy indoor sports arena.
· From star-studded concert performances to sporting matches, the Singapore Indoor Stadium has played host to many of the highly anticipated events in Singapore. What better venue to host the first integrated ASEAN eSports – featuring the widely-acclaimed onsite League of Legends (LoL) ASEAN Tournament – and music festival in Singapore than the Singapore Indoor Stadium?
…TO MAIN SHOW PRODUCTION
· A backdrop of LED screens and IMAG screens are used for live viewing. These screens will be used for the music performances as well as the live League of Legends (LoL) ASEAN Tournament.
· A combination of HD multi-cameras and roving ancillary camera units will be used for the live telecast and onsite projection of music performances and League of Legends (LoL) action.
· To ensure a truly explosive inaugural celebration, the MTV Spotlight @ Hyperplay will be ignited by lasers, pyrotechnics, confetti and more.
THE WORLD OF DIGITAL
· As MTV produces some of the most talked about live performances and events, MTV has activated its team of digital media experts who will be working 24/7 to deliver content for MTV’s social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and MTV Asia’s website.
· Digital First exclusive content featuring select artist highlighted tracks will be available after Hyperplay for fans to check out their favorite music moments.
· MTV will be connecting with fans through these social platforms including:
a. “Hoomans of Hyperplay”
i. Check out the treasure trove of beautiful portraits and narrative of fans, cosplayers, personalities and other interesting people captured at Hyperplay 2018! These exciting moments will also be shared on Instagram.
b. Slow-Mo Series
i. Hop on to our Facebook as we capture the most interesting and even normal moments at Hyperplay, made epic by our slow-mo cam!
a. Do not miss out on our Instagram (posts and stories) for the most updated highlights of the event, which will include interviews with fans, cosplayers, and personalities!
a. With the theme “When eSports meets music”, stay tune to Twitter as we let you in on what you can expect at the first eSports & music festival in Singapore!
o MTV Asia
a. Get the latest coverage on mtvasia.com as we bring you through the highlights of the day, with exciting contents like artist snippets!
….AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE ESPORTS FLAIR…
· A total of 4,254 players competed in the highly anticipated League of Legends (LoL) ASEAN Tournament during Hyperplay across 10 ASEAN nations leading up to this weekend’s semi-finals on Saturday and the final tournament on Sunday.
· There was a total of 839 matches played as teams battled it out for the coveted spot to represent their country in the League of Legends (LoL) ASEAN Tournament
· There were over 2.4million streaming views across the 10 ASEAN countries during the qualifiers stages leading up to this weekend’s semi-finals
· League of Legends (LoL) has won global awards including BAFTA Games, Award for Persistent Game, Golden Joystick Award for Online Game of the Year, and Sports Emmy Award for Outstanding Live Graphic Design.
· Hyperplay is one of the three festivals happening as part of YOUTHx, a larger celebration of youth aspirations which aims to bring youths from all walks of life together. The diverse line-up of events, which include SHINE Festival and GetActive!SG, is initiated by the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) and the National Youth Council (NYC).
· Through two of today’s biggest cultural cornerstones of this generation – eSports and music, youths from all across Singapore and ASEAN can expect to come together for a weekend of hype and thrills, while embodying the youthful spirit of passion, dynamism and the freedom to dream big.
· MTV Spotlight @ Hyperplay will open its doors at 10.30am on Saturday, 4 August and 2.30pm on Sunday, 5 August.
· Hyperplay is powered by Riot Games and MTV, presented by the Singapore Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) and the National Youth Council (NYC) of Singapore, and supported by gold sponsor Clear Men and official Telco partner Singtel. Patrons will be able to catch full set live performances by all acts for the MTV Spotlight stage hosted by MTV VJ Hanli Hoefer.
· Patrons will be able to catch full set live performances by all acts for the MTV Spotlight stage hosted by MTV VJ Hanli Hoefer.
· In celebration of ASEAN Singapore 2018 and part of YOUTHx, Hyperplay is powered by Riot Games and MTV, presented by the Singapore Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) and the National Youth Council (NYC) of Singapore, and supported by gold sponsor Clear Men and official Telco partner Singtel
· The two-day ticketed event will take place at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Saturday, 4 August 2018 and Sunday, 5 August 2018.
· The MTV Spotlight @ Hyperplay music performances will be edited into a 60 minutes special to premiere on MTV Asia on 21 August at 9pm.
· The semi-finals and final matches of the first League of Legend ASEAN tournament eSports will be live streaming across two days on Hyperplay.sg, with key segments broadcast live across Southeast Asia.
About the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth www.mccy.gov.sg
The Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth seeks to inspire Singaporeans through the arts and sports, strengthen community bonds, and promote volunteerism and philanthropy. Since its inception in November 2012, MCCY has been actively engaging the arts, heritage, sports, community and youth sectors.
The Ministry aims to bring into sharper focus the efforts to build a more cohesive and vibrant society, and to deepen a sense of identity and belonging to the nation. MCCY will work with its stakeholders to create an environment where Singaporeans can pursue their aspirations for a better quality of life and together, build a gracious and caring society we are proud to call home.
About the National Youth Council (全国青年理事会)
At NYC, we believe in a world where young people are respected and heard, and have the ability to influence and make a difference to the world. Together with our partners, we develop a dynamic and engaging environment where young people can realise their aspirations and play a part in making Singapore an endearing home for all.
YOUTHx is a month-long celebration of diverse youth interests, giving youths the opportunity to discover and unleash their potential, embody the spirit of passion, dynamism and the freedom to dream big.
Recognising the many interests and passions of youths in Singapore, YOUTHx will culminate in a larger celebration on 4-5 August 2018 – a combination of SHINE Festival, GetActive!SG, and for the first time ever, Hyperplay.
With Singapore helming the ASEAN chairmanship in 2018, the weekend festivities will also incorporate an ASEAN flavour.
About Riot Games
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. Riot's mission is to be the most player-focused company in the world.
About League of Legends
League of Legends is a fast-paced & skill based competitive online game. Two teams of powerful champions, each with a unique design and play-style, battle head-to-head across multiple battlefields and game modes. With an ever-expanding roster of champions, frequent updates and a thriving tournament scene, League of Legends offers endless replayability for players of every skill level. Over 100 million people globally play every month.
MTV is the leading youth media brand inspired by music, in nearly 180 countries and 450 million homes around the world, connecting with over 350 million fans across all social media platforms. A unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), MTV operations span cable and mobile networks, live events, theatrical films and new MTV Studios unit which produces new and reimagined content for SVOD and Linear platforms based on MTV’s library of over 200+ youth titles and franchises. For more information about MTV in Asia, visit www.mtvasia.com.
About Viacom International Media Networks
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages. Keep up with VIMN news by visiting the VIMN PR Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/VIMN_PR. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com, blog.viacom.com and the Viacom Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom.
About Clear Men
Clear Men is the world’s number 1 male shampoo brand, 100% made for men to give unbeatable protection against dandruff. Clear Men inspires every man to show the world that regardless of his circumstance, challenges or barriers, that every man has the capacity to showcase his winning spirit. That in itself, is success.
Singtel is Asia's leading communications technology group, providing a portfolio of services from next-generation communication, technology services to infotainment to both consumers and businesses. For consumers, Singtel delivers a complete and integrated suite of services, including mobile, broadband and TV. For businesses, Singtel offers a complementary array of workforce mobility solutions, data hosting, cloud, network infrastructure, analytics and cyber-security capabilities. The Group has presence in Asia, Australia and Africa and reaches over 650 million mobile customers in 21 countries. Its infrastructure and technology services for businesses span 21 countries, with more than 428 direct points of presence in 362 cities.
Talk of the Town, on behalf of Hyperplay
t: +65 8767 8280
t: +65 9621 4323
Viacom International Media Networks
Communications, Southeast Asia
t: +65 6420 7298
Viacom International Media Networks
Associate, Communications, Southeast Asia
t: +65 6420 7121
Download PDFDownload PDF
About VIMN Asia Press
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.4 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages. Keep up with VIMN news by visiting the VIMN PR Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/VIMN_PR. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com, blog.viacom.com and the Viacom Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom.