"NICKELODEON SLIME CUP 2016" A HIT AS MORE THAN 10,000 ATTEND THE FOURTH EDITION OF THE "SLIMIEST" INTEGRATED SPORTS FESTIVAL IN SINGAPORE
Over 8,500 Litres of Slime Produced
SINGAPORE, 18 JULY 2016 – More than 10,000 kids and their families attended the fourth edition of slimiest integrated sports festival Nickelodeon Slime Cup 2016, and took part in challenges that tested their mettle and brought out the champion in every child. Presented by Singtel TV along with sponsor Pilot Pen, partner Polar Puffs & Cakes, and held at venue sponsor City Square Mall, over 8,500 litres of slime were produced at the two-day free admission event held on 16 and 17 July. The event promoted active living through play for attendees while giving them the chance to get up close and personal with the green slime that is Nickelodeon’s badge of honour. The first day was exclusive to Singtel subscribers who got a head start on the all sporting action.
“The trademark green slime is a symbol of free-spirited mess and embodies the playful spirit of being a Nickelodeon kid. We’re delighted to deliver yet another slimy experience to participants, and we observed many of them came prepared to be slimed repeatedly!” said Syahrizan Mansor, Vice President, Nickelodeon Brand, Asia, Viacom International Media Networks.
This year marked the first Nickelodeon Slime Cup where Nickelodeon live action stars were in attendance – Megan Lee, Louriza Tronco and Dale Whibley, stars of comedic, music-infused series Make It Pop, were in town to meet fans and partake in the stage games, much to the delight of their fans. The Opening Ceremony featured a performance by the Wildcards Cheerleading Team, and appearances by PAW Patrol’s Chase and Marshall, SpongeBob SquarePants’ SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star, the cast of Make It Pop and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Donatello and Leonardo.
The highlight of this year’s event was the Leaky Lincoln booth featuring Lincoln from animated series The Loud House. Kids and their parents and caregivers sat under Lincoln’s “nose” and were showered in the green goo. Make It Pop’s Megan Lee, Louriza Tronco and Dale Whibley got to be slimed for the first time in their lives.
A four-feet tall Nickelodeon Slime Cup trophy was on display and kids took on ninja jousting, slime bowling and slime water gun shooting, amongst other game challenges. There were ecstatic faces all round amongst those who got slimed at random each time the Slime Siren went off.
Participants at the Bowled Over station slid down a slippery slope on a float and knocked over giant bowling pins before dropping into a slime pool.
Kids used slime water guns to shoot down their opponent’s targets at the No Paint, No Gain! booth. The SpongeBob’s Soccer Showdown court was where children were strapped to ropes and took part in human foosball matches. The victorious teams walked away with Nickelodeon Slime Cup medals and goodies.
Those below six years old were not left out as there was a Slime Salon with a packed list of activities that included smear slime war paint, air brush tattoos and tattoos stickers. Kids and families also had fun at a stamping wall using Pilot Pen Fixon Stamps.
The family-friendly Nickelodeon Slime Cup 2016 weekend featured:
- Opening Ceremony: Nickelodeon Slime Cup 2016 kicked off with a performance the Wildcards Cheerleading Team and children were guided in a warm-up session with Nickelodeon characters SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Leonardo and Donatello, PAW Patrol’s Marshall and Chase, and stars from Make It Pop ahead of the sports festival.
- Meet-and-Greet Sessions: Kids and their families participated in stage games to snag a pass to take photos with their favourite Nickelodeon characters.
- Game Booths: This year’s Nickelodeon Slime Cup featured a slime element in nearly every game – whether it was using a slimy ball to launch a target from a catapult, testing their aim using a slime water gun, or slime bowling, attendees showcased their sporty side while steadily getting slimier.
- Slime Salon: There is no such thing as too much slime. From the tiny tots to the adventurous tweens, attendees got into the spirit of things with slime war paint, air brush tattoos and temporary tattoo stickers.
- Instant Photos: Those who posted their Instagram photos with the hashtag #SlimeCupSG redeemed free print-outs
- Nickelodeon Apps: Kids were given the chance to try out Nickelodeon game apps Sky Whale, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Legends and PAW Patrol: Pups Take Flight, and sample the Nickelodeon Play app.
- SlimeStand: The sacred ground where goodie bags and mystery gifts were given out.
- Healthy Treats: Kids snacked on complimentary Omega-3 rolls and whole grain rolls from Polar Puffs & Cakes on 16 July to fuel themselves for the day ahead.
- Closing Ceremony: Selected kids representing the winning Blue team and the stars of Make It Pop enjoyed the slime treatment at the Closing Ceremony which also featured an appearance by Nickelodeon characters.
The event in Singapore is part of the international slime-filled multi-platform sports and games competition Nickelodeon Slime Cup held from 21 June to 7 August featuring ambassadors SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star. Hosted by Nickelodeon veteran Kel Mitchell (Game Shakers), he is joined by 16 Nickelodeon live-action stars, divided into teams Blue, Red, Yellow, and Purple, who will battle for gooey green glory, all in hopes of winning the coveted Slime Cup trophy.
The 2016 Nickelodeon Slime Cup international competition will play out on-air on the Nickelodeon channel in two competition-filled week-long specials. The first on-air special The Slime Cup Totally Awesome Team Choosing Challenge premieres daily with new episodes from 18 to 21 July at 5.30pm on Nickelodeon with a catch-up marathon on 22 July at 5.15pm. Repeat telecasts of this special will air at 8.30pm from 18 to 22 July.
More images from the Nickelodeon Slime Cup event in Singapore can be downloaded at the end of this news release.
About Nickelodeon Slime Cup
Nickelodeon is bringing back the most Slimetastic international competition on the planet with the return of the Nickelodeon Slime Cup. This July and August, four teams of Nickelodeon live-action stars will compete in slimey head-to-head on-air challenges. Kids at home can root for their favorite team and join in the fun by watching the games beginning on 18 July on international Nickelodeon channels, and by participating online at www.slimecup.com. The team with the most combined Slime points, both from online gameplay and on-air events, will take home the Slime Cup trophy.
In addition to host Kel Mitchell (Game Shakers), the Nickelodeon stars competing in the 2016 Nickelodeon Slime Cup include:
- Bella and the Bulldogs: Brec Bassinger (“Bella Dawson”), Coy Stewart (“Troy Dixon”)
- Game Shakers: Cree Cicchino (“Babe Carano”), Madisyn Shipman (“Kenzie Bell”), Benjamin Flores, Jr. (“Triple G”), Thomas Kuc (“Hudson Gimble”)
- Henry Danger: Jace Norman (“Henry Hart”), Riele Downs (“Charlotte Bolton”), Sean Ryan Fox (“Jasper Dunlop”), Ella Anderson (“Piper Hart”)
- Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn: Aidan Gallagher (“Nicky Harper”), Mace Coronel (“Dicky Harper”)
- The Thundermans: Kira Kosarin (“Phoebe Thunderman”), Jack Griffo (“Max Thunderman”), Addison Riecke (“Nora Thunderman”), Diego Velazquez (“Billy Thunderman”
# # #
Viacom International Media Networks
Raemier Francis Assistant,
Communications, Southeast Asia
T: (65) 6420 7260
Loh Bi Feng
T: (65) 6420 7154 M: (65) 9002 9607
Edelman for Viacom International Media Networks
Ho Yi Shi
T: (65) 6494 1570 M: (65) 9225 8516
T: (65) 6494 1564 M: (65) 9339 0190
The trademark green slime is a symbol of free-spirited mess and embodies the playful spirit of being a Nickelodeon kid. We’re delighted to deliver yet another slimy experience to participants, and we observed many of them came prepared to be slimed repeatedly!
Download PDFDownload PDF
About ViacomCBS Networks Asia
ViacomCBS Networks International, a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAC), is comprised of many of the world’s most iconic consumer brands. Its portfolio includes Network 10, Channel 5, Telefe, Viacom International Studios, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount Network and Pluto TV among others. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS Networks International provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents and across more than 180 countries. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacomcbs.com, blog.viacom.com and the Viacom Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom.