RALLY THE FAMILY TROOPS AS "NICKELODEON SLIME CUP" RETURNS FOR ITS FOURTH YEAR AND BIGGER THAN EVER
1st Day Exclusive For All Singtel Customers to the Slimiest Weekend Special Appearance by Stars of Nickelodeon’s "Make It Pop"
SINGAPORE, 22 JUNE 2016 – Rally the family troops! Nickelodeon Slime Cup is back in Singapore for the fourth time and bigger than ever! Presented by Singtel TV along with sponsor Pilot Pen and partner Polar Puffs & Cakes, the two-day free-entry event will be held at City Square Mall, the event’s venue sponsor on Saturday, 16 July and Sunday, 17 July 2016. Key new highlights at the Nickelodeon Slime Cup 2016 include:
- First Day Exclusive only for Singtel customers across Mobile, TV and Broadband, so they get a head start on the sporting action with a weekend of rollicking family fun. Singtel customers are invited to the Nickelodeon Slime Cup 2016 Opening Ceremony on 16 July, Saturday, at noon, where Nickelodeon characters such as SpongeBob SquarePants and Marshall and Chase from PAW Patrol will make a special appearance.
- Special appearance by Megan Lee, Louriza Tronco and Dale Whibley, stars from Nickelodeon’s comedic, music-infused series Make It Pop will be at the event on both days to meet fans and take part in the games.
Nickelodeon’s slimiest integrated sports festival, continues to promote active living through play for kids and their families through a series of engaging stage activities, meet-and-greet sessions with beloved characters and game booths which allow attendees to get up close and personal with the green slime that is Nickelodeon’s badge of honour.
“We’re thrilled to be organising the Nickelodeon Slime Cup with Singtel for the fourth year – Nickelodeon’s mission is to create surprising and playful entertainment experiences everywhere its fans are, all done with a healthy dose of that green slime that has been a trademark of Nickelodeon. It’s a busy world that we live in, which makes it important to let kids be kids and have a silly, slimy good time every once in a while,” said Syahrizan Mansor, Vice President, Nickelodeon Brand, Asia, Viacom International Media Networks.
Since the inaugural event in 2013 with Singtel TV, the Nickelodeon Slime Cup in Singapore has seen more than 23,000 kids and their families playing with over 21,000 litres of slime. For the first time ever at this year’s festival, fans can check out a four-foot tall Nickelodeon Slime Cup trophy, score slime points for a live Slime Meter for their team, be showered by slime from a giant nostril, and see Marshall and Chase from action-adventure preschool series PAW Patrol. Contestants can expect more slime, new game stations, and take a cue from the slime rating indicated for each game.
Kids and families will be able to participate in activities ranging from gladiator face-offs, being part of a life-sized foosball match and gliding down a slime alley on a float to knock down big bowling pins, amongst other physical challenges. Each child will be the owner of a scorecard that allows them to collect a stamp upon completion of each activity and they will also help accumulate points for the team they are representing. In return, kids will receive goodie bags* and possible slimings when the Slime Siren goes off.
The slime-filled weekend will feature:
- Opening Ceremony: Nickelodeon Slime Cup 2016 will kick off with an Opening Ceremony by the Wildcards Cheerleading Team. Thereafter, warm up for the games with Nickelodeon characters SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Leonardo and Donatello, PAW Patrol’s Marshall and Chase, and stars from Make It Pop.
- Meet-and-Greet Sessions: Meet your favourite Nickelodeon characters and stars in the flesh! Try your hand at the interactive stage games and snag a pass to take a photo with them.
- Game Booths: This year’s Nickelodeon Slime Cup features a slime element in nearly every game – knock your opponent off a stand, test your aim using a slime gun, or take up slime bowling! Swing by all booths and discover your sporty side.
- Slime Salon: There’s no such thing as too much slime. Get into the spirit of things with the slime war paint, and then accessorise with temporary tattoos.
- Instant Photos: Capture your picture-perfect moments easily by uploading your photo on Instagram and hashtag it with #SlimeCupSG to redeem free printouts.
- Score Cards: Hold on tight to the score card you’ll get at the registration booths – complete the games on the scorecard to collect stamps and redeem goodie bags*.
- Nickelodeon Apps: Try out popular Nickelodeon game apps Sky Whale, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Legends, PAW Patrol: Pups Take Flight, and SpongeBob's Game Frenzy.
- Slime Stand: Nickelodeon Slime Cup doles out rewards like no other! At the Slime Stand, there are goodie bags and mystery gifts as well. Find out how to get a mystery gift at SLIMECUP.COM/SG.
- Healthy Treats: Enjoy complimentary* Omega-3 rolls and whole grain rolls from Polar Puffs & Cakes on 16 July.
- Closing Ceremony on 17 July: Special character appearance and group sliming of the winning Nickelodeon Slime Cup team.
- Saturday, 16 July, 11am – 7pm – Exclusively for Singtel subscribers
- Sunday, 17 July, 11am – 7pm - Open to the public
For more details, visit the website at SLIMECUP.COM/SG.
To gain entry into the first day of the event, Singtel subscribers must present their identity card and show proof of their Singtel service e.g. Singtel bill, Singtel operator logo on their devices or My Singtel App etc. at the Nickelodeon Slime Cup registration booth. One identity card admits up to four people.
The event in Singapore is part of the international slime-filled multi-platform sports and games competition Nickelodeon Slime Cup held from 21 June to 7 August featuring ambassadors SpongeBob Square Pants and Patrick Star. Hosted by Nickelodeon veteran Kel Mitchell (Game Shakers), he will be joined by 16 Nickelodeon live-action stars, divided into teams Blue, Red, Yellow, and Purple, who will battle for gooey green glory, all in hopes of winning the coveted Slime Cup trophy.
The Slime Cup Games will play out on-air on the Nickelodeon channel in two competition-filled week-long specials:
- “The Slime Cup Totally Awesome Team Choosing Challenge” (airing week of 18 July)
Host Kel Mitchell introduces this year’s players and kicks off Slime Cup 2016 with a series of competitions which will ultimately place all 16 Nickelodeon stars on their respective Slime Cup teams. Each team will gain one player, each day, during this four-day, one-hour long special. Each day, the special will be accompanied by two Bella and The Bulldogs episodes, one of which will be a new episode premiere.
- “The Slime Cup Games” (airing week of 1 August)
During this week-long special, for two-hours a day, the four Slime Cup teams will compete each day in the slimiest and gooiest of challenges with the goal of accumulating the most Slime points to win the Slime Cup trophy. The challenges will be accompanied by competition-themed episodes of live action favourites Bella and The Bulldogs, Game Shakers, Henry Danger, Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, & Dawn, and The Thundermans.
Also airing on TV is the “Orange Carpet Special Edition: Slime Cup” (airing week of 25 July) an 11-minute special in which Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn co-stars Casey Simpson (“Ricky Harper”) and Lizzy Greene (“Dawn Harper”) serve as the Orange Carpet Special Edition co-hosts, taking fans behind the scenes of the Nickelodeon Slime Cup. Lizzy and Casey will check out this year’s activities, meet the players and get their strategies to win, and even experience a bit of the slime action themselves!
Kids tuning in from more than 150 countries can root for their favourite team and join in the fun by watching the games beginning on 18th July on the Nickelodeon channel, and by participating online at slimecup.com and at the Singapore event. At slimecup.com, kids can be a part of the action with an all-new interactive digital “Slime Cup Games,” a collection of sports-themed mini games featuring Nickelodeon’s popular animated characters. Registration for the Nickelodeon Slime Cup Competition 2016 has begun and access to the online game opens on 5 July. Kids will also have access to additional games, quizzes, polls, photo flip books, player profiles and exclusive videos. Starting 18th July, kids will be able to create and download their very own customizable stat cards.
Gameplay via the “Slime Cup Games” interactive game earns kids Slime points. Slime points won in these activities are redeemable for digital in-game rewards at the Nickelodeon SlimeStand marketplace, a brand-new experience for kids that incentivizes play and active participation in the games. The regional runner-up winners will each earn a Slime Cup medal, and the grand prize winner in each region will earn both a Slime Cup medal and his or her very own Slime Cup trophy. The Slime Cup concludes in August, when one team of Nickelodeon stars will be crowned the Slime Cup champion. So slime on, Nickelodeon fans, and get in the game!
*While stocks last. Terms and conditions apply.
# # #
Nickelodeon is one of the most globally recognized and widely distributed multimedia entertainment brands for kids and family. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company’s portfolio includes television programming and production around the world, plus special events, consumer products, digital offerings, recreation, books, feature films and pro-social initiatives. Nickelodeon's brands reach 1.1 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 160 countries and territories, via more than 80+ locally programmed channels and branded blocks. Outside of the United States, Nickelodeon is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information about Nickelodeon in Asia, visit www.nick-asia.com.
Viacom International Media Networks
Assistant, Communications, Southeast Asia
T: (65) 6420 7260
Loh Bi Feng
Manager, Communications, Southeast Asia
T: (65) 6420 7154 M: (65) 9002 9607
Edelman for Viacom International Media
Ho Yi Shi
T: (65) 6494 1570 M: (65) 9225 8516
T: (65) 6494 1564 M: (65) 9339 0190
We’re thrilled to be organising the Nickelodeon Slime Cup with Singtel for the fourth year – Nickelodeon’s mission is to create surprising and playful entertainment experiences everywhere its fans are, all done with a healthy dose of that green slime that has been a trademark of Nickelodeon. It’s a busy world that we live in, which makes it important to let kids be kids and have a silly, slimy good time every once in a while.
Download PDFDownload PDF
About VIMN Asia Press
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.4 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages. Keep up with VIMN news by visiting the VIMN PR Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/VIMN_PR. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com, blog.viacom.com and the Viacom Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom.