CELEBRATE THE BEST MUSIC AND STARS OF 2016 WITH MTV THIS FESTIVE SEASON
SINGAPORE, 13 DECEMBER 2016 – It’s that time of the year to celebrate the great stuff and MTV is excited to bring to fans a host of shows that showcase the best music and stars of 2016. These include the brand new programme MTV’s Game Changer with singer Shawn Mendes, the MTV Stars of 2016: The Results show revealing the top 10 artists of the year as voted by fans, plus four countdown specials featuring MTV’s picks of the biggest music tracks to take everyone through the New Year.
MTV's Game Changer: Shawn Mendes
In this half hour special, MTV’s Traci Stumpf travels to a Shawn Mendes concert to give one lucky super fan the concert experience of a lifetime. Through a series of challenges all about Shawn, the most passionate, knowledgeable, and die-hard fans get pulled off the line, venture inside the venue, and get closer to Shawn until only one is left standing for a once in a lifetime experience. For that lucky member of the “Mendes Army” the night will be a GAME CHANGER. View/embed the trailer HERE.
The special premieres on:
- MTV LIVE HD on Friday, 16 December at 6pm (TH/WIB) and 7pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- MTV on Saturday, 17 December at 7pm (TH/WIB), 8pm (PH/SG) and 9pm (MY)
From now till 18 December, fans can also submit covers for Shawn Mendes' song "Mercy," with the opportunity to highlight their talent on MTV. To submit, fans must upload their covers to YouTube and submit to coverofthemonth.MTV.com.
MTV Stars of 2016: The Results
#MTVStars is all about celebrating the year in music with the people who enjoy it most, the fans. The fans have voted and now it's time to find out which stars ruled 2016. Winners will be revealed on MTV’s platforms on 17 December and the special premieres on:
- MTV LIVE HD on Saturday, 17 December at 5.30pm (TH/WIB) and 6.30pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- MTV on Saturday, 24 December at 7pm (TH/WIB), 8pm (PH/SG) and 9pm (MY)
MTV'S Top 20 of 2016
MTV presents the very best tracks from an outstanding year in music. The show airs on MTV LIVE HD on:
- Thursday, 15 December at 3pm (TH/WIB) and 4pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Saturday, 17 December at 1pm (TH/WIB), 2pm (HK/MY/PH/SG), 9pm (TH/WIB) and 10pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Sunday, 18 December at 10am (TH/WIB), 11am (HK/MY/PH/SG), 5pm (TH/WIB) and 6pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Monday, 19 December at 6pm (TH/WIB) and 7pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Tuesday, 20 December at 10am (TH/WIB) and 11am (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Wednesday, 21 December at 3pm (TH/WIB) and 4pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Friday, 23 December at 3pm (TH/WIB) and 4pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Saturday, 24 December at 3pm (TH/WIB), 4pm (HK/MY/PH/SG), 9pm (TH/WIB) and 10pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Wednesday, 28 December at 3pm (TH/WIB), 4pm (HK/MY/PH/SG), 8pm (TH/WIB) and 9pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Friday, 30 December at 3pm (TH/WIB), 4pm (HK/MY/PH/SG), 8pm (TH/WIB) and 9pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
- Saturday, 31 December at 1pm (TH/WIB), 2pm (HK/MY/PH/SG), 9pm (TH/WIB) and 10pm (HK/MY/PH/SG)
EDM Countdown: 2016 Butt-Shakers, Head-Bangers, Feet-Shufflers
This special EDM Countdown edition sees VJs Alan Wong and Hanli Hoefer bringing the best EDM tracks of 2016 with exclusive behind the scenes content with the hottest artists.
- Premieres on MTV on Saturday, 31 December at 11pm (TH/WIB) and Sunday, 1 January 2017 at 12am (SG) and 1am (MY)
Viral Countdown: 2016
Check out the best of 2016 tracks under the top 40 radar in this year-end edition of Viral Countdown.
- Premieres on MTV on Sunday, 1 January 2017 at 12am (TH/WIB), 1am (SG) and 2am (MY)
Chart Attack: 2016 Final Countdown
In this special edition of Chart Attack, VJs Alan Wong and Hanli Hoefer count down the 50 best tracks of 2016.
- Premieres on MTV on Sunday, 1 January 2017 at 11am (TH/WIB), 12pm (SG) and 1pm (MY)
MTV is the world’s biggest youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of nearly 785 million households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all platforms. For more information about MTV in Asia, visit www.mtvasia.com.
Loh Bi Feng
Viacom International Media Networks
Manager, Communications, Southeast Asia
t: +65 6420 7154 m: +65 9002 9607
Download PDFDownload PDF
About VIMN Asia Press
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.4 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages. Keep up with VIMN news by visiting the VIMN PR Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/VIMN_PR. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com, blog.viacom.com and the Viacom Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom.