"SOUTH PARK" KICKS OFF HISTORIC 20TH SEASON ON COMEDY CENTRAL
Premieres in Asia on Wednesday, 5 October at 10pm (TH/WIB) and 11pm (HK/PH/SG/TW)
SINGAPORE, 13 SEPTEMBER 2016 – 130 Countries. 30 Languages. 46 Million Facebook Fans. 5 Emmys®. 4 Boys. 1 Town. South Park’s been there. The Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning series kicks off its historic 20th season with 10 all-new episodes beginning on Wednesday, 5 October at 10pm (TH/WIB) and 11pm (HK/PH/SG/TW) in Asia. Tune in to see what Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny get into this season and check out/embed the season 20 trailer HERE.
In the premiere episode “Member Berries,” Garrison is still on the campaign trail and the National Anthem gets a reboot by an American Icon.
Comedy Central (the world’s no. 1 comedy brand) and South Park Digital Studios kicked off the global celebration of the series’ 20th season by bringing the show to life via “The South Park 20 Experience,” a 2-D/3-D interactive fan exhibition first debuted at Comic Con San Diego in July. The currently-travelling experience, part of which is now on display at the Paley Center in Los Angeles through September 25, features 20 memorable moments from South Park’s history and allows fans to explore and insert themselves into iconic show moments for photo opportunities.
The celebration of “South Park” continues with the launch of an all-new “South Park” Avatar Creator for desktop and mobile devices, the upcoming release of the eagerly-awaited new video game “South Park: The Fractured But Whole” from Ubisoft, tie-up with GIPHY to cut GIFs from iconic moments featured at Comic-Con, as well as special telecasts of selected South Park episodes and a behind-the-scenes documentary film 6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park.
Additional details on the specific events are below.
- “South Park” Avatar Creator - Create your own South Park alter-ego or make one for family and friends! Use your avatar on the South Park Studios forum or share it with friends online. Visit southpark.cc.com/avatar to try it yourself.
- GIPHY – “South Park” also partnered with GIPHY to GIF up the 20 iconic moments featured at Comic-Con from their respective episodes for fan use here.
- South Park Daily Doubles – Fans can catch selected episodes of South Park on-air with two episodes airing daily at 9.30pm (TH/WIB) and 10.30pm (HK/PH/SG/TW), culminating in the season 20 premiere.
- 6 Days to Air: The Making of South Park - Comedy Central will debut the 2011 documentary in Asia on Thursday, 15 September at 9.30pm (TH/WIB) and 10.30pm (HK/PH/SG/TW). Renowned documentarian Arthur Bradford (How’s Your News?) was granted unprecedented access to Parker and Stone. Shot extensively over the course of three months at the South Park Studios in Los Angeles, this exclusive documentary film chronicles the rigorous process of producing the iconic series in under a week. Bradford’s cameras were granted access into the creative process, opening up Parker and Stone’s world to reveal the high-pressure work environment that allows them to turn an idea into a full 22-minute episode each week.
Viewers will get a look at Parker and Stone’s thought process as they approach a new episode and the 24/7 grind they subject themselves to each time the show is in production. The documentary also includes in-depth interviews with Parker and Stone about their working partnership and reflections on highlights from their careers, such as the making of the original short, “The Spirit of Christmas,” as well as their memorable appearance at the 2000 Oscars®.
- “South Park: The Fractured But Whole” – on 6 December, Ubisoft will release the highly-anticipated follow-up to the award-winning “South Park: Stick of Truth” as a digital download and at retailers on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC. Also available will be two collectibles, the RC Coon Bundle exclusively from Amazon and the Fart Pillow exclusively from GameStop. To get a behind-the-scenes look into the game development process with Stone and Parker, click HERE.
South Park launched on 13 August 1997 and is based on the animated short entitled, "The Spirit of Christmas." Co-creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are executive producers, along with Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II. Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bill Hader, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are producers.
About Comedy Central
Comedy Central, the world’s biggest comedy network, has been making audiences laugh since it first launched in the United States in 1991. Renowned for featuring a stable of exclusive and tailor-made local and international comedy, the brand has become the ultimate destination for all kinds of humour, from traditional to satire to sketches to popular sitcoms. Outside of the United States, Comedy Central, seen in over 70 territories via more than 12 locally programmed and operated TV channels, is part of Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information about Comedy Central in Asia, visit www.comedycentralasia.com.
Viacom International Media Networks
Loh Bi Feng
Manager, Communications, Southeast Asia
t: +65 6420 7154 m: +65 9002 9607
Assistant, Communications, Southeast Asia
t: +65 6420 7260
Download PDFDownload PDF
About VIMN Asia Press
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world’s most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.4 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages. Keep up with VIMN news by visiting the VIMN PR Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/VIMN_PR. For more information about Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com, blog.viacom.com and the Viacom Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/Viacom.